This installantion guide is for the configuration of the encrypted HTTPS-transfer so that you can use the Prepare Publishing module for the transfer of agenda files from Prepare to your local server. Note that the Publishing module's download client can only be installed on Windows.
Overview of how you start:
- Communication via the Publishing module's download client runs on port 443, which is the standard port for HTTPS. Note that this port must be open for outgoing traffic.
- .Net Framework 4.5.1 or newer must be installed on the server which the download client is installed upon.
- You must use some information which can be found on Prepare under the menu point "Publishing". You can then log on to Prepare with administration rights. Once you have activated your user in Prepare, you can find the neccesary information on Prepare via https://web.firstagenda.com
- Two folders should be created on the server. One folder into which the installation files can be copied andone folder for the agenda files. The download client overwrites the published agendas as a part of the maintanance structure of your homepage. It is therefore important that the entire folder structure stays the same as how the download client creates it.
- We recommend creating a service user for the development of the Publishing module's download client on the server and that this user only has access to the download client and the folder for the published files. In this way, you can ensure that the wrong files are not transfered/deleted.
Installation of the publishing module's download client:
Before you can install the download client, you must first activate it in your organisation. Contact us on email@example.com to get the download client activated. You are then ready for the installation of the Publishing module's download client.
- Create the two folders onthe server: one for the published agenda files and the other forthe installation files. Thefolder for the installation files could for example be named "PrepareDownloader" and the folder for the published agendas named "Agendas".
- Log on to Prepare via https://web.firstagenda.com. Remember that the user you log on with must have administrator rights.
- Choose the menu point Publishing in First Agenda.
- On the first screen, enter the name of the path on your server where the published agendas should be placed.
- Click on Get client
- Open the zip-file and copy the installation files "FirstAgendaStarter.exe" and "Setting.xml" to folder c, which has just been created.
- Run file "FirstAgenda.exe". Once this has finished, you can see that folder "PrepareDownloader" now contains further files.
- Log on to https://web.firstagenda.com, choose the Publishing menu (or refresh the page if you are still on it) and approve your server under "Download settings" by clicking on Approve. See the example below.
The download client is now installed on your server and an automatic transfer of agendas from Prepare should be created. Before you create this automatic transfer, it is a good idea to manually publish to make sure that it possible. See how below.
Before you carry out a manuel publishing, you must set the Publishing module to transfer data from a committee so that you hae some material to test with.
- Click on the Publishing menu in Prepare.
- Under "Committee", click on Edit.
- Under the column Being published, add a tick next to the committee which you wish to publish agendas from (if no committees appear on the list, it is because you do not have the rights as agenda collector in any committees. Add yourself to a committee and make yourself agenda collector)
- Click on Close
- Make sure to check that "Start date for publishing" is before the date which the agenda should be published (or else it will not be included in the publishing)
- Go to the folder with the installation files "PrepareDownloader"
- Run file FirstAgendaStarter.exe
- Check the folder in which the agendas should be transfered to see if the agenda has been transfered to the Publishing module.
If you want to carry out a manuel test.transfer, remember that the exe-file can only run every five minutes?
Creation of Scheduled Task:
An automatic transfer of your agenda files must be created in Prepare with the help of "Scheduled Task" in the operation system (Windows).
NB: The user profile which wants to carry out the planned assignment should be the same as the service-user profile which has created/configured the download client.
We refer to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc748993.aspx for information about the creation of "Scheduled Task".
Nice to know:
When changing servers, you can create the same set-up as described above and install the Publishing module's download client. Afterwards, log on to https://web.firstagenda.com/Publishing/Edit and approve the new server. Afterwards, the new server will be active, which means that there will not be down time in regards to the transfer of published agendas to your server.