To create items to an agenda, you first need to make sure that you have chosen the right committee and have selected the right meeting.
CREATING YOUR AGENDA ITEMS:
- click in the title field below the header items and appendices
- enter a title for the agenda item in the field
- do you want to use alphanumeric point numbering (eg. 1.a), enter this by clicking on the item number.
- choose whether the item should be open or closed. Click on the orange padlock to close the item. The padlock will then look like this when the item is closed. If you don't click on the orange padlock, it means that the item will be available for the whole organisation (if the meeting and the committee is also open).
If the meeting is open, you have the opportunity to differentiate access to each item on the agenda. Open items will be visible to everyone in the organisation, where as closed items will only be visible to members of the committee. You can narrow down the access to closed items further. Read more about how to remove committee members from a closed point.
CREATE CONTENT TO an item:
Once you have created the item, you are ready to write or upload content to the item.
You can choose whether you want to:
- A: upload a document as the main document or
- B: typing the content in the text editor
a: upload the main document
Attach the main document as a document is selected in the image below. If you already have formed the main document outside Prepare, as a Word or PDF file, it is easiest to upload the document to the items main document.
- click on the field with the "orange cloud" (or drag the selected file to the field)
- select the document you want to link via Windows Explorer. You can attach Office documents like Word, Excel and PowerPoint, PDF and various image files.
- if you want to remove the file again, click "the trashcan icon" that appears at the far right when you upload a document.
B: write your main document in Prepare
If you instead choose the function Write content, you have to enter the item's content in the text editor. By using the toolbar - the icons above the text area - it is possible to style the text, insert and remove hyperlinks etc. You don't have to save your written content along the way, as First Agenda automatically do it for you.
If you have no further to add to the item, but just want to create the next item, click on the orange "+", which is found under the item you just created.
Appendices - HOW are THEy ADDED?
If you have documents to be added as appendices to the itemt, you can see here how to add the documents.